Friday, July 27, 2012

It's my prerogative

This time next week, my family and I will be landing in Manchester airport and on our way to Hull.  It's been 10 months since we were last there and I am so excited, I can't wait to see all my family and friends and of course we have my step daugther's wedding on 11th.    Today I have spent a few more hours in Mall of the Emirates (mainly keeping out of the heat), but doing a last bit of 'holiday' shopping'.  It's good going around MOE as it really helps with the step count.

Yesterday, I had learnt that the husband of someone very close to me had a heart attack (at 47 years old).  Thankfully he is OK and he had a heart stent operation this morning to unblock some arteries.  He's been laughing and joking and driving her crazy (even pretending to be a corpse in the hospital bed lol).  However, this is a serious warning sign, and now he will have to have a whole new change of life.  And once again, I hear myself saying, "Live life to the full,  you never know what is around the corner".

Since my last blog, I have learnt how to use 'Photoshop'.  The team and I were trained by an external trainer last week.  Any one who knows me will tell you that I am pretty OK when it comes to office applications (I should be really as I used to teach them when I was in Hull).  Anyway, Photoshop is a completely different kettle of fish, however I think I got the idea in the end. 
Unfortunately though, it was through no help of the trainer we had. Half the class (only 6 participants) couldn't understand a word he said (me included).  This was due to his very strong Indian accent and the technical jibe he was muttering.  He was actually quite rude and told us that he was a very experienced trainer (AND??? so are we) but also that we were very slow and it was worse than teaching children!!! (the cheeky sod!).  That's not what I would call classroom etiquette is it?

So, the first week of Ramadan is over (3 more weeks to go).  To be honest, it doesn't affect me that much, as we are still allowed to eat and drink at work, obviously it's just the staunch Muslims that fast.  We have a new guy temporary in our office and his is fasting.  However, he still comes to the canteen with us at lunch and just watches everyone else eat (I'd never be able to do that).    However, I don't think we're getting much work out of him, because he spends most of the day, stretching, yawning, laying out on the desk and playing on his mobile (not too productive eh?).  All I can say is I am glad it is temporary.
A friend of our had an accident in his car the other day and called my hubby to ask him what to do (Not that my hubby has had loads of accidents).  Anyway, apparently he hit a car in a car park when he was trying to park (think his mobile phone was distracting him lol).  The other driver wasn't in his car but soon saw our friend.  There was little damage done to the other car, but our friends car had some damage.  However, when you have any kind of accident here, you have to notify the police.  The police arrived and would you believe it, they let him off.  Reason???  Ramadan Kareem!  (How lucky is that?) 
The family had a takeaway Iftar meal the other day, it was very nice and what was more impressive was the price.  20 dirhams for a three course meal (that's just over 3 quid).  

Charlie had his holiday haircut this week, before he went to the grooming parlour my step son said he looked like an old man, when he came back he looked like a little puppy again.  He walks around the house as proud as punch.  Oh yes, and he got out the house again the other day and went for another walk around the lake, one of our neighbours brought him back  (tut, tut, gonna have to put a leash on him lol). 

I've had the chance to talk with James a number of times on fb messenger.  He's finally managed to write 2 new posts on his blog and they are both really good.  Yesterday, he was asked by a company (who'd read his blog) to create an article at least 3000 words with the possibility of a job as a 'blogger' on their website. At first we were excited, but then someone said it was a hoax.  However, James is obviously going to research it a bit more before he does anything else.  If you want to read his blog here is a link jamesclark365.blogspot.com

This week, I received my reading list from my new lecturer at Uni.  Books here are really expensive so I made an order on Amazon, I was amazed when I ordered 8 books and it only cost me £65 including p+p.  I couldn't believe that some people are selling books for 0.1p (that's ridiculous, but I'm not complaining). 

Finally, I decided that some people are users and I don't want to be friends with these type of people.  It's just not worth the hassle and crap and I hate having negativity in my life (again life being too short!!!).  So today, I deleted some so called 'friends' from facebook.  I doubt they will even notice but if they do 'tough'.  It's my prerogative!

No comments:

Post a Comment