Monday, September 3, 2012

Ladies night out, rain forests and more Mr Grey

It's been over a week since my last blog and god only knows where the time has gone.  Last Wednesday I did a very rare thing and actually went out with some girlfriends for 'ladies night' (I just never seem to do that any more).  Good god, there was a time back home when I used to do it almost every week with my BFF and another couple of my friends.  But that was when I was young, single and probably out on the pull lol.  I recall often going to one particular night club in Hull 'Lexington Avenue' (LA's) on Wednesday nights for 'ladies' night, however, we preferred to call it 'pick a pillock' night lol (I am sure those of you who were there with me recall it well).

I did laugh with my hubby beforehand when I said it used to take me about an hour to get ready before a girls' night out.  Now it takes me about 15 mins (probably because I'm not trying to impress anyone and probably because no one would be interested).  Lots of bars and clubs host 'ladies night' throughout the week days here, offering 2 for 1 drinks or free cocktails for women or all drinks 5 AED (or anything similar on the theme).  So ,I was quite impressed that I went out, had about 4 or 5 drinks, and a meal, and hardly touched my purse strings.  

However, I was quite embarrassed when I walked into the bar with my 3 friends.  I believe that 'ladies nights' is singles night which means women who are out on the pull looking for men who want to be pulled, excuse the pun (basically, a posh version of 'pick a pillock' night in Hull).  I felt as if I was on show when I first walked in as all eyes turned on us.  But we were safe, apart from the fact that a photographer from the local equivalent of 'Hello' magazine 'Alhan' wanted to take our photo.  OMG can you imagine, everyone seeing the photo and thinking we're desperate to be out on ladies night (oh well, to late now).  Anyway, a good time was had by all and may be it will become a more regular event (who knows?).  OMG I have just seen the photo on line, (that reminds me, I must do something about my bingo wings lol).

Thursday night was pretty good too and hubby and I hosted a few friends for a BBQ and drinks.  One of the new guys at hubby's work currently has his wife over from the UK visiting on holiday.  So it was nice to meet her introduce her to some other colleagues.  It ended up being a little bit of a late night as we eventually called it a day at 4 am.

A few hours later hubby and I were on our way to the   Banyan Tree Hotel, Ras Al Khaimah BeachRas Al Khaimah is about an hour away from Dubai (I decided to drive to stop me thinking about my hangover).  On the way we stopped to watch the camels on relaxing in the midday sun on the roadside.

Anyway, the Banyan Tree has two centres, one on the beach and one in the desert (about 30 mins apart from each other).

Once we checked out, we then visited their sister hotel the Banyan Tree Al Wadi, where we enjoyed a fabulous rainforest experience.  It was great! For an hour, hubby and I walked through various showers and foot spas, enjoyed a variety of steamrooms, saunas, and a jacquzzi and finally relaxed in the fantastic vitality pool (which reminded me of a modern day Roman Baths).

Overall the weekend very relaxing and I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone who needs to get away from it all for a while.  So until next time.  Bye for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment