Friday, October 12, 2012

Time flies in a blink of an eye

Good morning everyone!  It's been well over a week since I wrote my last blog and so much has happened.
 
Firstly, my BFF and her hubby have been and gone!  (How quick was that?).  A week visiting is far to short.  They arrived on Wednesday night and before I had time to blink, they were gone again!  I feel a little numb at the moment (probably due to lack of sleep).  But I feel cheated out of spending time with them and I'm devastated (especially when I have no idea when I will see them again).
 
I arrived back from Kuwait, late on Wednesday night and was met by my hubby, BFF and her hubby.  It was great to see them (as always) but was a little strange not to see my lovely god sons with them too.  (Anyway, throughout the week we all managed to talk to the kids a number of times on Skype). 
 
Autumn has arrived in the UAE, (therefore the temperature has lowered a little).  Finally we can sit comfortably in our gardens.  So, Thursday night we had a welcome BBQ for my friends (which was lovely).
 
Friday, saw a visit to Le Meridien hotel and a well known restaurant in Dubai called Yalumba.  Brunch in Yalumba is a little mad (to say the least).  It starts off all sedate, but as soon as the bubbly starts flowing, party time begins.  
 
Now, as you all know, I am a woman of a certain age and unfortunately for me the menopause is just around the corner (if not already knocking on my door).  Anyway, we went to brunch with our other very good friends who live here.  Everything was fine, until my hubby decided to go off on one!  Well, I can't really say go off on one, he just stopped talking.  Needless to say, the more he didn't speak the more I wondered what was wrong and got upset (Jesus, it's supposed to be me with the moods).  What's worse is that hubby and I hardly ever argue (apart from when I'm complaining about his driving lol). 
 
Anyway, whilst we sat and ignored each other, our friends had a great time (bless em).  They danced and partied and definitely made up for our lack of enjoyment.  And so they should as we were there to celebrate my BFF and hubby's 10th wedding anniversary.  Anyway, we sorted things out and went home back on speaking terms.  When we got back we had a dip in the swimming pool and got my son to order takeaway.  Needless to say he was a little embarrassed that we came home a little tipsy and his 'friend' was there (Oh well makes a change from us having to deal with his drunken outbursts).
 
When everyone had recovered and felt human again on Saturday, we took a trip to my favorite shop.  Yes, that's right, Cara Jewellers.  I was extremely good and kept my money in my pocket.  However, both friends were bought lovely rings for their wedding anniversaries by their lovely hubbies.  And as we all know, diamonds are a girls best friends, so needless to say they were both very happy.
 
On Sunday and Tuesday night, I attended my first full week for my degree class.  I know it's early stages but I'm really enjoying it at the moment.  However, I feel a little alienated by the rest of the group at the moment.  Although they all seem very nice, no one has made an effort to really speak to me and already they've formed small clicks (especially the women).  Obviously this was due to me missing some classes but never mind, (I'm a survivor lol, I'll struggle through).  I'm there for me and my family not necessarily to make friends (but it would be nice).  Anyway, the lecturer (not actually sure what to call her).  Everyone calls her Doctor,  but I call her by her name Lois (but that's me, she hasn't complained), but there again, she's a northern lass like me, probably goes right over her head lol.
 
Away, I managed to carry out some research last week whilst I was in Kuwait as I knew I'd be busy with my guests all this week.  However, this weekend, I'm really going to have to study as next weekend, hubby and I are flying to Egypt for our family holiday (much to the dismay of my youngest son, who keeps insisting we should be taking him with us, not!).
 
On Monday evening, the 6 of us went to my favorite restaurant in Dubai, Gary Rhodes' restaurant Rhodes Mezzaine at the Grosvenorhouse its such a lovely place and great for special occasions.  This time, it was our other friends wedding anniversary, so again another excuse to celebrate.  We had a fabulous time, the service was impeccable and the food was delicious.
 
So, this week, my friends enjoyed some quality time with each other and even went home with a lovely bronze glow (more than me and I live here lol).  I just feel sad that I didn't have much time with them.
 
On another note, my son in the UK is thinking of travelling again.  He's finding it really hard finding a job in the UK or as a diving instructor anywhere else in the world.  Bless him, he's trying really hard, but there doesn't seem to be much out there.  Now he's thinking of travelling around Europe (hitch hiking most of the way), but which isn't a great idea and I'll probably being a nervous wreck again.  But, he's 23 and is getting itchy feet, what can I do?  He'll make up his own mind (god why do our kids have to grow up?).  Anyway, I'll worry about it when it happens.
 
Right, I've got a lot of studying to do and the sun is shining, so think I better get out in the garden and enjoy it! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment