Thursday, March 22, 2012

Up the Burj

Matchstick eyes but not mine obviously
my eyebrows are not a bushy as his!
At this moment in time, I think I need some matchsticks in my eyes to keep me awake.  I'm really tired today .  I slept really badly last night and dreamt loads (I feel like I've had 1 round with Mike Tyson).  Anyway I'm glad it's Thursday and the weekend will start in 10 hours.   Yesterday, my boss carried out a small team activity with us and even gave us some homework!  (What's all that about then?).  Anyway, it's not a problem and I'm actually looking forward to the challenge she has set us.

My hubby took the day off yesterday to take our relatives sightseeing. The tour included, a trip around Dubai Creek, the Gold Souk, Mirdiff City Centre and the Burj Khalifa.
 

Later on in the day, they went up to the observation deck on the 124th floor of the tallest building in the world, the 'Burj Khalifa'.  Standing at a mere 828 metres (2,716.5 feet) and more than 160 stories, Burj Khalifa holds the following records:
  • Tallest building in the world
  • Tallest free-standing structure in the world
  • Highest number of stories in the world
  • Highest occupied floor in the world
  • Highest outdoor observation deck in the world
  • Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world
  • Tallest service elevator in the world
Needless to say the in-laws loved the experience and came back raving about it.

I don't usually get my back up about things but yesterday, my niece who started me off blogging, had a rude comment made on her blog.  The anonymous commenter, complained that they wouldn't be impressed with my niece if they were her friend and that she was upsetting people.  OMG what is wrong with this person?  As I mentioned in my first ever blog, my niece, is kind and witty and her blogs are just good fun, brought to us from a 20 year old young lady.  Why is this person reading Billie's blogs if they think she is rude?  Some people really need to get a life!

I tried to sleep for a while but started worrying about my son as I had called him earlier in the day and had had no response.  Needless to say my mind was running overtime.  Eventually, had a short nap whilst everyone was out but woke up feeling worse.  When everyone came back we spent the rest of the evening watching TV and generally relaxing. (I have to have one night off every now and then to recharge my batteries)  Finally, true to his word, my son blogged about his second day in Thailand and again my mind was at rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment