Saturday, March 2, 2013

Flash back to the 80s and beyond, but looking to the future

Last year at this time, I went to see Duran Duran in concert which was fab as I was always a massive DD fan.  Last night a group of us went to the 80's Rewind concert at DFC, where we were entertained by T'Pau, Heaven 17, ABC, Howard Jones and Rick Ashley.

What a great night it was, honestly there is a lot to say for the aging groovers with a combined age of 268 they rocked the stage and all of them still have pretty good voices.  

Carol Decker (57) from T'Pau opened the show and I must say she's still got it and it was great to hear all the oldies again.  

Martin Fry (55) of ABC was great it was agreed that he definitely still has rhythm and can move well.  

The worst act of the night (from my point of Heaven 17), honestly watching a 54 year old bald guy in a pin stripped suit doing a grandad dance on stage is not really my idea of entertainment.  However, I must say his backing singer had a marvellous voice.  It was also probably because I only knew one song of theirs 'Temptation'.  

Howard Jones (55) was pretty good, but my favorite just had to be Rick Ashley (47).  OMG he still has it, he was great, and looks fab and doesn't look a day over 25.  I really enjoyed the whole night and was lovely to see some of my favorite artists from when I was a teenager.  The only problem is it makes me feel old, but then again always a week before my birthday I start to worry about my age.

This year however, I not only have my birthday but its also going to be mother's day (in the UK anyway).  which is a bit of a bugger but there you go.

So all the holiday is now booked and our itinerary is set, hubby and I are getting very excited, Celine Dion in Las Vegas, ski passes and equipment are sorted for Banff (and I can still get my ski gear on which is very surprising), and going to see the Jersey Boys on Broadway whilst we're in New York, so very excited.

I'm trying to look on the positive side a bit more as I know I've been feeling sorry for myself just recently, but honestly some people really annoy me.  The other night, hubby and I were in Burger King (I know we're so bad, 2 weeks before our hols).  Anyway, we were there and whilst we were waiting for our meal ad family of 4 knocked over a cup of coke.  Now what do you do when you knock something over?  Instinctively you would rush to get stuff to clean it up wouldn't you?  Well not these people, they just sat there and clicked their fingers at the staff to clean it up!  OMG it made my blood boil, they just carried on starring and stuffing their faces whilst the poor girl cleaned up around them (lazy buggers).

Hubby and I have been watching a number of really good British period dramas, 'Call the Midwife', 'Mr Selfridge', 'Ripper Street', and the 'Magdalene Sisters' (which was actually horrendous - but good if you know what I mean)  all very good programmes and well worth a watch.

My daughter and son-in-law have just booked to come and see us in the summer and hopefully if all goes to plan another couple of friends of ours will be here in early April, so something else to look forward to.  

Finally, my recently bereaved friend's son and his girlfriend got engaged on Valentine's Day and have booked the wedding for early next year which is great news.  Unfortunately, his dad won't be there but I am 100% certain that he would have been very proud of his lovely son and future wife.






No comments:

Post a Comment