Monday, February 18, 2013

No Shopping Allowed

Hi everyone, sorry its been quite a while since my last blog (almost 3 weeks I think). During my last blog, I said my mojo had gone into hibernation, and although it came out for a while, its hovering back on the brink disappearing forever.  I had some disappointment a couple of weeks ago which has knocked my confidence a bit and it is taking me a while to get back to being myself.  But I know I should stop feeling sorry for myself and sort myself life could be a lot worse, so I'm trying hard not to be negative.
I currently in Kuwait on business and to be honest as business trips go it's going quite well.  However, I have not done what I intended to do which was to spend some time in the gym at the hotel.  Honestly, I'm really bad, I have spent so much time sitting on my backside surfing the Internet and played 'Bejewelled' on FB I am sure I am going to end up with bed sores by the end of the week.  I'm so bad, how will I ever lose weight or get fit?  But it seems the more I don't do, the more I can't be bothered! (does that make sense?).  I've promised myself though that as soon as I get back to Dubai I will DEFINITELY spend the next 3 weeks working my butt off to get fit.  (Oh god, 3 weeks before the big vacation, that's not long is it?).  At this rate I will be rolling down the mountains in Banff.  On a positive note, I have had the chance to work on an assignment for my MA (which is due in next week).  And when I'm stuck in a hotel room for 4 days it really gives me the opportunity to study hard (when I'm not on bejewelled obviously).

So, last week I had two of my very good friends over for holiday from the UK.  One of my friends is the widow of my recently deceased friend and the other is her sister, I took 3 days of work to spend time with them as they only had 6 days with us.  However, it was great to spend time with them and I am sure they both needed the break very much.  They spent a lot of time in the garden just relaxing and enjoying the sun (honestly, by the time they left they had great tans). but I'm not much of a sunbather so I topped up a little.

We also spent a lot of time eating (honestly, I will never be thin!).  We ate out almost every day at least once, if not twice.  One special day was having 'high tea' at the  Ritz-Carlton, Hotel on JBR (oh it was lovely).  We also had evening brunch at Yalumba in Le Meridian Hotel whilst my hubby and our friend had a cooking lesson.  (This was a Christmas present from me to them).  Actually, it's probably me that should have the lesson as my hubby and our friend are actually quite good cooks.  Anyway, they had a good time and enjoyed cooking the 3 course meal.  We were all disappointed that we didn't get to taste some of the food.

Apart from eating we did do a few touristy things and actually went on a Dhow cruise on the creek which was pretty cool.   One thing we didn't do much of (actually we did it once for about an hour) was.... Shopping!  I know, (shock, horror), how can you come to Dubai and not shop I hear you say, but they are 2 of the very few I know that just don't shop!  So we went in MOE for about an hour and that was enough for the week lol.

The 4 of us also had the opportunity to visit, Cirque Du Soleil last week. (it's something I've wanted to do for a while and I wasn't disappointed).   It was a fabulous show and we all just sat there starring in amazement.  The acts were fantastic and it was difficult to decide who was the best as they all displayed excellence in their own area of expertise. 

At the end of the week we had some lovely news that my friend's oldest son had proposed to his girlfriend on Valentine's day (down on one knee and everything, bless him).  This was great news and hubby and I wish the lovely couple all the best for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment