Sunday, May 19, 2013

Great to be back in the deep blue ocean

OMG I cannot believe that it is almost a month since I wrote my last blog, what happened to the days when I was writing it every day? and how time passes by.  A lot has happened over the past month some good things some not so good.

First of all I'm currently in Jeddah on business, I arrived here this morning and will be here all week.  Two days ago I was in Oman.  Although we were officially in Oman, it is actually literally just over the UAE boarder.  We were visiting my son who is finally back here with us (well in Oman anyway).  He's finally returned from what I would call another wasted journey to Thailand (and Cambodia) but he would say otherwise, so we'll say no more.  Anyway it's great having him just up the road (well 1.5 hrs away) where he is close enough for me to keep an eye on him and not worry to death wondering where he is all the time.
Anyway, after almost 2 years break, hubby and I brushed off our diving gear, took a refresher course (led by James obviously) and had a couple of nifty dives on Friday afternoon.  It was great, I'd forgotten what fun diving is, and it was also great to get away from the city and my studies and catch some sun and fresh air.  He's working at a Nomad Ocean Adventures, its a lovely little place with accommodation so we were able to stay overnight on Thursday.  The staff there are very friendly, it's very clean and they have great food, for any divers out there I would recommend it (especially the instructor James lol).   The visibility was pretty good on Friday we dove 14.6 meters and 12.6 meters on the second dive, the water was a lovely 29 degrees.  We managed to see lots of marine life including my favorite, a small turtle.

The house is very quiet at the moment as my other son is also working away, this time in Singapore.  Bless him, its the first time he's worked away and I think that after over 2 weeks away he realises its not as glamorous as it sounds.  Hopefully he'll be back by the end of the week because we have tickets to the PDC Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters on Friday night and I know he'll be gutted if he misses it.

The diet is going OK, but I'm still looking for more sponsors.  I lost 6lbs in the first week then it seemed to start creeping up again (god only knows why). Anyway, I decided to kick the Dukan Diet into touch and try ANOTHER diet.  This time it is the Paleo Diet which is just a healthy way of living really cutting out most carbs but allows some.  Anyway, with the help of the Wii Active 30 day Challenge, I have lost 3 lbs this week, which is great but I still have loads to go (I'm so impatient, I just want to wake up one day and all the extra weight I'm carrying has just disappeared over night). Unfortunately, the 30 day challenge is going to go down the pan this week as I'm away from home, but I've already been in the gym tonight and will continue that all week (otherwise I will vegetate in the hotel room).  

I'm also keeping up with my Nike Fuel band and have achieved a 7 day streak yesterday which is great.  It's amazing how little exercise I actually get when I'm in the office all day.  Because of this, I'm working hard to make sure I reach my target each day and if I haven't done much during the day, I'm pushing myself to do the Wii Active 30 day Challenge (which I can tell you is hard going lol) and hubby and I are walking Charlie around the lake every day.

Speaking of Charlie, he's better now but one thing to remember, if you have a dog, they don't like Chinese food (especially onions lol).

As you know another friend of mine died last month which was really horrible.  Unfortunately due to various reasons I was unable to go back for the funeral but on the actually day I was very distraught.  I think in one way it was worse than hearing she'd died.  I think a funeral just finalises everything and its just sad.  But my BFF went to the funeral to pay our respects and said she had a lovely send off, which is nice.

Finally, I've made contact with an old family member (from my ex's side) who is visiting Dubai next month for a few days.  It's been a very long time since we last saw each other but as I've said before, life if far too short to bear grudges.  So, I'm looking forward to meeting her again.




No comments:

Post a Comment